Repairs & Service
At Portes St‑Jérôme, we are committed to offering our customers outstanding service and the best products on the market. Located in Saint-Jérôme, we have many years of experience in the industry. Our team is highly qualified; we know everything there is to know about the sale, installation and repair of garage doors and electric door openers. That's why we sell GARAGA garage doors and prioritize the technical training of our experts. When it comes to garage doors, you can trust our work. With us, any problem will be solved quickly. Your door will operate perfectly and safely.
Do you have a problem?
We have the solution!
Does your garage door:
- seem heavy to open?
- stop before hitting the ground?
- no longer open?
- no longer reverse automatically?
Does your electric door opener:
- open and close by itself?
- not work at all?
- make a loud and disturbing noise?
Contact us if any of these problems occur. Several factors may be causing these issues: general wear and tear, a broken part, a component misalignment, etc. Here are a few examples of repairs and maintenance we can undertake:
- broken or malfunctioning springs
- twisted or broken rollers
- broken or frayed cables
- twisted tracks
- safety inspections
- preventive maintenance
- replacements of damaged door sections following an accident
- adjustments and replacements of components
- noisy garage doors
No matter your issue, we will ensure everything is repaired, adjusted or replaced accurately and promptly.
WHY choose Portes St‑Jérôme?
- we are qualified technicians and installers.
- as Garaga-certified experts, we operate with a high level of professionalism.
- we provide the best advice, as we know our products from top to bottom.
- we are courteous, prompt and conscientious.
- we are members of Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Saint-Jérôme.
- we serve the residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural sectors.
- we serve Laval, Montreal, Saint-Jérôme, Blainville, Saint-Sauveur and Sainte-Thérèse.
- we repair all brands of garage doors and electric garage door openers, and we replace parts and accessories.
Garage door openers
- and finally, we love what we do!
What you need to know about the spring and lifting cable systems
Springs (or counterweight systems) eventually lose their strength and can break due to normal wear and tear caused by the pressure and weight of a garage door. Since the springs are important in the opening and closing of a garage door, they must be frequently maintained or repaired. For example, to extend the life of your system’s springs (torsion type only), you may lubricate them with engine oil, wiping off any excess. However, it is dangerous to adjust extension springs yourself, as they are under high tension. This is why they need to be secured with a safety cable. If your system is not equipped with such a safety cable, we strongly recommend having one installed by our experienced technicians. It is important to remember that whether your garage door is equipped with extension or torsion springs, both systems must be inspected and maintained regularly to ensure their reliability.
For peace of mind, take advantage of the preventive maintenance program provided by our professionals at Portes St‑Jérôme. They will test every safety mechanism and replace any damaged or broken parts so your garage door system will work perfectly! We are available to answer all of your questions. Please call us at 450-432-4320 for all of your garage door needs, including installation, repairs and maintenance of your garage door.